Mobile menu

Japanese>English Translation
Thread poster: Alison Woods
Alison Woods

Local time: 16:56
Spanish to English
Aug 18, 2008

Could someone plese give me their opinion on the current state of Japanese>English translation in the U.S.? I am interested in whether or not there is an abundance of work, about how much do translators make per word or per year, and what I would need to do to become a proficient Japanese translator.Thank you.

Direct link Reply with quote

Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
I dunno, but Aug 19, 2008

Obviously the first thing you would need to do to become a proficient Japanese translator is to become extremely fluent in Japanese.

It may be best for you to continue to work on Spanish, it takes a lifetime to become a decent translator there, trust me.

But if you find the secret to eternal life, please let me know (in this world, not any other).

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Japanese>English Translation

Advanced search

Translation news

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs