Thread poster: Wilman

Wilman  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:19
Chinese to English
+ ...
Sep 23, 2008

Dear All,

I am a native Cantonese speaker and a freelance translator with two years of Chinese-English interpretation training and bilingual call center work experience. Recently, I decided to venture into the telephone interpretation business. I have met with a constant obstacle in my job search and hopefully some of you can give me some pointers. I live in the United States. In my job search, I have found quite a few companies that hire telephone interpreters but all of them are medical interpreters. I am confident that I can handle customer service and insurance claims calls but not medical or legal at the moment. I would appreciate if someone; especially those who are in the industry and live in the United States, could give me some suggestions on how to find these companies. If company names cannot be named here, kindly send me an email through Proz.

Thank you in advance for all your help.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to locate telephone interpreting jobs in customer service/insurance areas

Advanced search

Translation news

Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs