https://www.proz.com/forum/getting_established/116138-how_to_locate_telephone_interpreting_jobs_in_customer_service_insurance_areas.html

How to locate telephone interpreting jobs in customer service/insurance areas
Thread poster: Wilman
Wilman
Wilman  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:30
Chinese to English
+ ...
Sep 23, 2008

Dear All,

I am a native Cantonese speaker and a freelance translator with two years of Chinese-English interpretation training and bilingual call center work experience. Recently, I decided to venture into the telephone interpretation business. I have met with a constant obstacle in my job search and hopefully some of you can give me some pointers. I live in the United States. In my job search, I have found quite a few companies that hire telephone interpreters but all of them are
... See more
Dear All,

I am a native Cantonese speaker and a freelance translator with two years of Chinese-English interpretation training and bilingual call center work experience. Recently, I decided to venture into the telephone interpretation business. I have met with a constant obstacle in my job search and hopefully some of you can give me some pointers. I live in the United States. In my job search, I have found quite a few companies that hire telephone interpreters but all of them are medical interpreters. I am confident that I can handle customer service and insurance claims calls but not medical or legal at the moment. I would appreciate if someone; especially those who are in the industry and live in the United States, could give me some suggestions on how to find these companies. If company names cannot be named here, kindly send me an email through Proz.

Thank you in advance for all your help.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to locate telephone interpreting jobs in customer service/insurance areas

Translation news

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »