Could including this help my CV?
Thread poster: Sara Senft

Sara Senft  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:27
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 4, 2008

While I was in college, I completed field experience hours in several bilingual/Spanish classrooms. (This was part of the requirement for my teaching degree.)

I was thinking that this might help my CV. The bilingual classrooms included a mix of native English speaking and native Spanish speaking children.

Direct link Reply with quote

Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Are you looking for teaching jobs? Oct 5, 2008

If you are looking for teaching jobs, maybe. Although I think it is a fairly standard requirement to receive a teaching degree, so the fact that you have the degree implies that you had field teaching experience, so I don't think that would be necessary to explicitly include.

If you are not looking for teaching jobs, then I don't see how it would be relevant. Translation jobs would probably involve different vocabulary and different set of skills then those used in classrooms...

Sara Senft  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Come to think of it, my idea was a stretch Oct 5, 2008

You're probably right. It did seem like a stretch.

My reasoning had something to do with cultural experience, or something along those lines.

Katalin Horvath McClure wrote:

If you are looking for teaching jobs, maybe. Although I think it is a fairly standard requirement to receive a teaching degree, so the fact that you have the degree implies that you had field teaching experience, so I don't think that would be necessary to explicitly include.

If you are not looking for teaching jobs, then I don't see how it would be relevant. Translation jobs would probably involve different vocabulary and different set of skills then those used in classrooms...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Could including this help my CV?

Advanced search

Translation news

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs