Thread poster: Sara Senft
Sara Senft
Sara Senft  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:03
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 4, 2008

While I was in college, I completed field experience hours in several bilingual/Spanish classrooms. (This was part of the requirement for my teaching degree.)

I was thinking that this might help my CV. The bilingual classrooms included a mix of native English speaking and native Spanish speaking children.

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Are you looking for teaching jobs? Oct 5, 2008

If you are looking for teaching jobs, maybe. Although I think it is a fairly standard requirement to receive a teaching degree, so the fact that you have the degree implies that you had field teaching experience, so I don't think that would be necessary to explicitly include.

If you are not looking for teaching jobs, then I don't see how it would be relevant. Translation jobs would probably involve different vocabulary and different set of skills then those used in classrooms...

Sara Senft
Sara Senft  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Come to think of it, my idea was a stretch Oct 5, 2008

You're probably right. It did seem like a stretch.

My reasoning had something to do with cultural experience, or something along those lines.

Katalin Horvath McClure wrote:

If you are looking for teaching jobs, maybe. Although I think it is a fairly standard requirement to receive a teaching degree, so the fact that you have the degree implies that you had field teaching experience, so I don't think that would be necessary to explicitly include.

If you are not looking for teaching jobs, then I don't see how it would be relevant. Translation jobs would probably involve different vocabulary and different set of skills then those used in classrooms...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Could including this help my CV?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »