Professional correction
Thread poster: Louise Souter
Louise Souter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:05
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 17, 2008

As you may already know I am preparing for the IoL DipTrans in January. I would like to know if any service exists in which a professional translator would revise and correct my work (I'm willing to pay).

Direct link Reply with quote

Carol So  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
English to Chinese
+ ...
I need this service as well! Oct 17, 2008

Any body could help with marking my work? I am preparing for the DipTrans as well and frustrated to know that there's no preparation course available in my language pair, so I am all on my own.

It's so important to get some feedbacks and comments on our work and I think this maybe the only way to succeed.

Karen Stokes  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2003)
French to English
DipTrans holders Oct 18, 2008

I'm not aware of an official service, but why not ask a DipTrans holder in your language pair who's a practising translator and pay them their standard hourly rate for revision? (Not sure whether you're taking it in Spanish or French - can't help with Spanish but could with French).

Best,

Karen

[Edited at 2008-10-18 08:30]

United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Oct 18, 2008

[Edited at 2008-10-18 18:06]

United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How do I do that? Oct 18, 2008

Karen Stokes wrote:

I'm not aware of an official service, but why not ask a DipTrans holder in your language pair who's a practising translator and pay them their standard hourly rate for revision? (Not sure whether you're taking it in Spanish or French - can't help with Spanish but could with French).

Best,

Karen

[Edited at 2008-10-18 08:30]

I'm taking Spanish into English, but thank you for the offer. What is the best way to contact other proz members / DipTrans holders regarding this matter? Can users post jobs on proz?

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:05
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Maybe Andrew can help? Oct 18, 2008

http://esl.proz.com/profile/68784

urbom
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Use the IoL's own database Oct 19, 2008

Why not use the IoL's Find-A-Linguist directory to contact someone? If they're an FCIL or MCIL they will have passed the exam themselves (unless they were accredited via some other route).

http://www.iol.org.uk/linguist/default.asp

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Professional correction

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs