Mobile menu

MSc in Scientific, Technical and Medical with Translation Technology at Imperial College
Thread poster: sarahmon
Local time: 18:03
Jun 19, 2003

Is anyone out there either studying for or has studied the MSc in Scientific, Technical and Medical Translation with Translation at Imperial College. Does anyone know how it is perceived within the industry? I have applied to do the course this year and would love to hear from anyone who can give me their impressions of the course and let me know how their career has progressed since completing it.

Direct link Reply with quote

Peter Linton  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:03
Member (2002)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Highly recommended Jun 20, 2003

Yes, I am a freelance translator, and I am doing this course (part-time over 2 years, so now half-way through).
I think it is brilliant, for these reasons:
- The course content is bang up to date.
- Strong emphasis on learning how best to use computer technology.
- Good knowledgeable lecturers.
- Translation sessions are run by experienced practising translators.
The course has already enabled me to accept translation work that I would otherwise have struggled with (translating a web site).
The course has only been going two years, so it's too early to know how it is perceived in the industry. But the omens are good.
PS - copy of my reply on IoL

lydiar  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 06:03
Member (2006)
French to English
See you there! Aug 27, 2003

I'm taking the plunge starting in Oct part time. It seems to teach and test many technical processes and applications that are likely to be useful to any translator that is keen to use and work with IT technology - and it's one day out of the office/week!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MSc in Scientific, Technical and Medical with Translation Technology at Imperial College

Advanced search

Translation news

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs