Need help finding a job working for a company in Translating
Thread poster: sat1983
sat1983
sat1983
English to French
Jan 12, 2009

Basically I wondered if anyone could help. I have been seriously considering leaving Sheffield for a while. I need some help with finding a translating job in a company.
I just cannot seem to find anything at all though. I’d prefer to stay in the UK (so London seems an obvious one) but for the right job would be prepared to move to France or the French part of Switzerland?
I have a French degree and a post grad diploma in translation studies. Trouble is the very few vacancies I h
... See more
Basically I wondered if anyone could help. I have been seriously considering leaving Sheffield for a while. I need some help with finding a translating job in a company.
I just cannot seem to find anything at all though. I’d prefer to stay in the UK (so London seems an obvious one) but for the right job would be prepared to move to France or the French part of Switzerland?
I have a French degree and a post grad diploma in translation studies. Trouble is the very few vacancies I have seen on the net require as per usual experience.
How did any of you start out?
It seems I need somewhere a little more “international” with jobs requiring languages. Sheffield has nothing to offer whatsoever and it seriously is getting me down.
I’m not prepared to stay in a dead end job in Sheffield, I’m in my mid- twenties and have lost enough time as it is.

Many thanks
Collapse

Tina ter Welle-Persijn
Tina ter Welle-Persijn
Netherlands
Local time: 09:54
Dutch to English
Vacancies at SDL Sheffield... Jan 23, 2009

I noticed that SDL in Sheffield have vacancies for trainees for MA graduates for French into English and trainees in English into French. Have you seen these?

Good luck in your job search!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need help finding a job working for a company in Translating

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »