https://www.proz.com/forum/getting_established/126203-should_i_delete_a_language_pair.html

Should I delete a language pair?
Thread poster: Sara Senft
Sara Senft
Sara Senft  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:10
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jan 28, 2009

I am considering deleting one language pair. (English to Spanish) I am a native English speaker, so when I translate, I stick with Spanish to English. However, I am mainly a consecutive interpreter, so I think it would make at least some sense to keep this pair in my profile.

The majority of jobs posted here are for translating, so I doubt it would make much of a difference if I had only one language pair in my profile. Who knows? Taking out the English to Spanish pair might
... See more
I am considering deleting one language pair. (English to Spanish) I am a native English speaker, so when I translate, I stick with Spanish to English. However, I am mainly a consecutive interpreter, so I think it would make at least some sense to keep this pair in my profile.

The majority of jobs posted here are for translating, so I doubt it would make much of a difference if I had only one language pair in my profile. Who knows? Taking out the English to Spanish pair might make my profile look better to potential clients. It could also hurt my chances, especially if I am applying to only be an interpreter.
Collapse

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Services by language pair Jan 28, 2009

Sara,
Do you know that you can specify the services you offer for each and every language pair separately?
Interpreting services are also selectable, so you can mark the interpretation boxes for English-Spanish and deselect the translation services.

Sara Senft
Sara Senft  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I did what you suggested Jan 28, 2009

I followed your suggestion. I did know that I can do it--I just forgot about it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Should I delete a language pair?

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »