Thread poster: Meritxell Garcia

Meritxell Garcia  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:33
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 12, 2009

Hi everyone,
I am a qualified translator and I am studying a Master's in Marketing Management. I am 25 years old and I have long experience in the labour marked, however not as an independent money maker yet. My question is rather simple but I can't seem to find the answer around here.
I am not yet registered as a freelancer in Spain even though I have delivered several major translations for companies--I was on payroll-- and now I would like get started working on a full basis as a freelance translator, but I am living in England and will go to Australia for about 3 months really soon ( my husband is a businessman who relocates quite often). So, my question(s) being:
1. Should I register in Spain for 'Autonomos' in 'Hacienda' and 'Seguridad Social' and then transfer to the English Tax Council?
2 Or, instead, should I apply for freelance status in the UK?
3.Can tax advisors in the Uk provide suitabe answers for such questions?

If any of you could advice me further on this matter, it would be great. Thank you very much

Meritxell Garcia

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Getting started abroad

Advanced search

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs