Looking for MA in Translations program German - English
Thread poster: Jalapeno
Jalapeno
Jalapeno
Local time: 10:31
English to German
Aug 31, 2003

Hey there,

I'm thinking of going for an MA in Translations and I'm currently casing out what universities offer courses. Problem is that for personal reasons I might not be able to leave Germany for any extended period of time. The University of Birmingham in the UK offers a distance course, but it sounds terribly theoretical and not at all to my liking. I'd much rather have a somewhat more practical course. Does anyone out there know of a distance course which will get me the cove
... See more
Hey there,

I'm thinking of going for an MA in Translations and I'm currently casing out what universities offer courses. Problem is that for personal reasons I might not be able to leave Germany for any extended period of time. The University of Birmingham in the UK offers a distance course, but it sounds terribly theoretical and not at all to my liking. I'd much rather have a somewhat more practical course. Does anyone out there know of a distance course which will get me the coveted MA and not cripple my brain with lots of theoretical hogwash?
Collapse

Marian Greenfield
Marian Greenfield  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:31
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
on-line program Aug 31, 2003

Hi.

NYU is starting a practical on-line Masters in into English translation. You need two source languages and English is the target.

I'm not sure if classes start this Fall.

I suggest writing to Head of SCPS Foreign Languages for more info: Milena Savova, [email protected]

hth
msg
You can
Jalapeno wrote:

Hey there,

I'm thinking of going for an MA in Translations and I'm currently casing out what universities offer courses. Problem is that for personal reasons I might not be able to leave Germany for any extended period of time. The University of Birmingham in the UK offers a distance course, but it sounds terribly theoretical and not at all to my liking. I'd much rather have a somewhat more practical course. Does anyone out there know of a distance course which will get me the coveted MA and not cripple my brain with lots of theoretical hogwash?

Florence LOUIS
Florence LOUIS  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:31
English to French
+ ...
Links to UK universities Sep 3, 2003

Here are a few links to these types of course. I have personally done my MA translation in the University of Surrey, and I thought it was really pracitcal. Not sure they do distance learning but it might be worth asking.
Hope this helps!
Florence

http://www.lexicool.com/courses_uk_univwestengland.asp
... See more
Here are a few links to these types of course. I have personally done my MA translation in the University of Surrey, and I thought it was really pracitcal. Not sure they do distance learning but it might be worth asking.
Hope this helps!
Florence

http://www.lexicool.com/courses_uk_univwestengland.asp

http://www.uwe.ac.uk/hlss/languages/courses/pdt.shtml
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for MA in Translations program German - English

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »