Maryline PEIXOTO
Maryline PEIXOTO  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:08
English to French
+ ...
Apr 19, 2004

Hi everyone,

I am a French native freelance and would like to offer my services to English translation agencies.
The problem is that i have no clue of how is the market there. Could anyone let me know what are the rates practiced in the UK in pounds?
Thanks for your help!!
Maryline

Maryline PEIXOTO
Maryline PEIXOTO  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the informatio. I'll do that Apr 20, 2004

Tayfun Torunoglu wrote:

Rates differ from one translator to other(to a great extend), therefore there is no useful feedback. It also depends on language pairs, fields etc..
In proz there is also a facility to enter your rates and see other rates(average) for Platinum members.
Some makes it visible and some not, you may browse through profiles to see visible rates of some translators (only to get a broad info)

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 09:08
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Same as in France, I think. Apr 20, 2004

[quote]Maryline PEIXOTO wrote:
I am a French native freelance
. what are the rates practiced in the UK in pounds?

My experience is that the rates paid in the UK are about the same as in Spain, France or Germany. Just take your EUR rate and convert it to GBP.

[Edited at 2004-04-20 11:46]

PB Trans
PB Trans

French to English
+ ...
translation rates in the UK Apr 20, 2004

This is not official information. It is from an independent study and is a statistical overview of current rates for a standard translation (average complexity, 2000 words per working day).

In the United Kingdom:

English (British) to French (European) rates for freelancers:

min: 0.08 EUR
average: 0.09 EUR
max: 0.11 EUR

You can use this information as a guideline. Good luck.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rates in Pounds

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »