Mobile menu

Top 100 agencies in translation business
Thread poster: Yubing YANG
Yubing YANG
English to Chinese
+ ...
Apr 23, 2002

As a locally based translator, marketing is always a tough job for me. China does not have internationally or even nationally recognized accredition program, for us quality is always undervaluated.

I wonder if you are interested as me in such ranking. It must be a big sale among freelance translators.

Direct link Reply with quote

Margaret Doney
French to English
+ ...
Top 100 by what criteria? Apr 23, 2002

This doesn\'t really sound practicable to me. Who would decide who the top 100 are? It sounds pretty subjective to me. If you mean the 100 biggest, these aren\'t necessarily the best agencies for the translator to work for. If you follow lists such as TCR and Payment Practices, you\'ll notice that big companies who have bought out other agencies often have major cash flow problems.

Although it occurs to me in mentioning the PP list that the former moderator of that list, Karin Adamczyk, used to sell a data base of agencies that had received favourable reports on the list. If this is what you\'re interested in, maybe it\'s still available from Karin (I think she\'s a member of ProZ).

Margaret Doney

Translation from French and Spanish into English

Yubing YANG
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Top 100 by what criteria? Apr 24, 2002

Thank you Margaret Doney for the feedback. You raised a good question. I\'m expecting an independent organization to do such ranking. I\'m interested in purchasing the database to market myself.

For the TCR, and PP I do not know much, so I can not make any comments.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Top 100 agencies in translation business

Advanced search

Translation news

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs