Mobile menu

Is there a site like ProZ for translation-industry DTP?
Thread poster: JoelCherney
Jan 11, 2005

I've worked in two different translation agencies over the last five years, and I've developed a set of bookmarks that covers a lot of ground. However, I haven't found a community site or public forum to talk specifically about being a (freelance) DTP pro in the translation industry. Most of my work is in complex scripts - Farsi/Persian, Amharic, Burmese, and the like. I've found many language-specific mailing lists that deal with relevant issues (the Farsi Unicode list, for example), and forums for discussing the tools we use, but I haven't found a group where I can find:

1) People who care about language (!), and
2) more than 1 msg/week.

Any pointers? Or do I have to start it myself?

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:20
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
What do you really need to talk about? Jan 11, 2005

What's missing on that would need a separate site. You find different fora here, also for dtp if I'm not mistaken. Or such could be installed easily.

[Edited at 2005-01-11 08:54]

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:20
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Why not here? Jan 11, 2005

ProZ is about translation, and DTP for translation is within our scope.
You could for example start posting here: I'm sure here are a lot of people doing DTP and translating.

If you feel, we need an extra forum for DTP, please propose this to the site staff via support, but I think we can easily handle this within the existing structure.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a site like ProZ for translation-industry DTP?

Advanced search

Translation news

Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs