Mobile menu

Is there a site like ProZ for translation-industry DTP?
Thread poster: JoelCherney
JoelCherney
English
Jan 11, 2005

I've worked in two different translation agencies over the last five years, and I've developed a set of bookmarks that covers a lot of ground. However, I haven't found a community site or public forum to talk specifically about being a (freelance) DTP pro in the translation industry. Most of my work is in complex scripts - Farsi/Persian, Amharic, Burmese, and the like. I've found many language-specific mailing lists that deal with relevant issues (the Farsi Unicode list, for example), and forums for discussing the tools we use, but I haven't found a group where I can find:

1) People who care about language (!), and
2) more than 1 msg/week.

Any pointers? Or do I have to start it myself?

TIA-
Joel

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 00:24
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
What do you really need to talk about? Jan 11, 2005

What's missing on Proz.com that would need a separate site. You find different fora here, also for dtp if I'm not mistaken. Or such could be installed easily.
Regards
Heinrich

[Edited at 2005-01-11 08:54]

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:24
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Why not here? Jan 11, 2005

ProZ is about translation, and DTP for translation is within our scope.
You could for example start posting here: http://www.proz.com/forum/73. I'm sure here are a lot of people doing DTP and translating.

If you feel, we need an extra forum for DTP, please propose this to the site staff via support, but I think we can easily handle this within the existing structure.

Regards
Jerzy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a site like ProZ for translation-industry DTP?

Advanced search

Translation news

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs