Mobile menu

Returning to translation after long lapse
Thread poster: deireland
deireland
Local time: 14:34
Spanish to English
+ ...
May 18, 2002

I could do with some advice. For the past 9 years I have been concentrating on computing and writing and have lost contact with my previous life as a translator. In the old days I used to get work by referral - now I want to translate part-time via email and I discover that I am reticent to publish my CV for 2 reasons:

Firstly, all of my translation experience dates back to before 1993. Secondly, I am accutely aware of how public the Web is and reluctant to expose my previous clients to publicity about work I carried out for them.

Most of the invitations to bid I have seen so far involve sending a CV to an anonymous recipient with no mention of a privacy policy, whether or not the data will be stored in a database, for how long, how that data will be maintained or how it will be secured.

Does anyone else share my concern? Is there a way around this dilemma?

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Returning to translation after long lapse

Advanced search

Translation news

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs