Mobile menu

Returning to translation after long lapse
Thread poster: deireland
deireland
Local time: 20:43
Spanish to English
+ ...
May 18, 2002

I could do with some advice. For the past 9 years I have been concentrating on computing and writing and have lost contact with my previous life as a translator. In the old days I used to get work by referral - now I want to translate part-time via email and I discover that I am reticent to publish my CV for 2 reasons:

Firstly, all of my translation experience dates back to before 1993. Secondly, I am accutely aware of how public the Web is and reluctant to expose my previous clients to publicity about work I carried out for them.

Most of the invitations to bid I have seen so far involve sending a CV to an anonymous recipient with no mention of a privacy policy, whether or not the data will be stored in a database, for how long, how that data will be maintained or how it will be secured.

Does anyone else share my concern? Is there a way around this dilemma?

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Returning to translation after long lapse

Advanced search

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Quiick
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs