Mobile menu

Masters in Interpreting and Translating
Thread poster: RLR
RLR
German to English
+ ...
Jan 19, 2005

Hi,

I am going for an interview and tests for a masters in Interpreting and Translating next week. I was wondering if anyone could let me know what kind of thing to expect?

Has anyone else done a similar course, and would you recommend it? I am a recent graduate, and think that I might like interpreting, but I also think that it's very competitive and I have a very common language combination (French and German to English).

I'd appreciate any advice!
Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

camoletto  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 17:01
English to Italian
+ ...
young interpreter Feb 2, 2005

Hi,
I don't know which university you will enroll at, but I advise you to have a look at AIIC site, www.aiic.net, at the Quick ling section (in brown), you just need to specify what your situation is (Interpreter Wannabee, Interpreting student etc...), you will find an awful lot of information on the profession.
Hope it'll be useful!
chiara

RLR
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Feb 3, 2005

Thanks for the advice, I'll have a look.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Masters in Interpreting and Translating

Advanced search

Translation news

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs