looking for translators in London to share office space
Thread poster: 25881 (X)
25881 (X)
25881 (X)
Local time: 23:41
English to French
May 19, 2002

Hi my name is Céline. I work in London and sometimes find it a bit boring to translate on my own at home. I wonder if anybody would be interested in getting together to rent office premises. I think it would be a good way to emulate each other and not to be tempted all the time to get up and do something else!

Teresa Duran-Sanchez
Teresa Duran-Sanchez  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
+ ...
What a pity not to have has this idea 6 months ago! May 20, 2002

I would have loved to share an office with another translator, I agree with you in that this profession can get a bit solitary sometimes. I live 40 miles from London and it would have been great to work in London and have a walk around the city center at lunch time.

Unfortunately I\'m moving to Germany by the end of August and I guess you\'d rather work with somebody for a longer term. I\'m taking note of your name, nevertheless, as I\'ll be back in England in a year\'s time
... See more
I would have loved to share an office with another translator, I agree with you in that this profession can get a bit solitary sometimes. I live 40 miles from London and it would have been great to work in London and have a walk around the city center at lunch time.

Unfortunately I\'m moving to Germany by the end of August and I guess you\'d rather work with somebody for a longer term. I\'m taking note of your name, nevertheless, as I\'ll be back in England in a year\'s time. (Hopefully you\'ll have found a colleague by then!

Good luck!
Collapse

Eulalie Guillaume (X)
Eulalie Guillaume (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to French
+ ...
Currently looking for an office to share Oct 27, 2011

Hi Céline,

I've just seen your post and I'm currently looking to share an office with someone.

I see you posted this message in 2002, so maybe there's no point in replying you, but I thought I'd give go.

Maybe you already found an office and you could advise me.

Thank you.

Eulalie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

looking for translators in London to share office space

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »