Graduating this year, Lectorship, Internship?
Thread poster: Herminia Herrándiz Espuny

Herminia Herrándiz Espuny  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:50
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 4, 2005

Hi everyone, I am graduating this year at the Universitat Autónoma of Barcelona in my BA of Translation and Interpreting, I am thinking on taking a MA on audiovisual translation, but for the year 2006-2007 I would like to make an internship or Spanish lectorate at an American University, but I don't know where to look for these opportunities, I've seen the Fullbright Scholarships but if I apply next year and I get one of these scholarships the "lectorship" will start on 2007, so I would have a "free year" and I would like to move to the States during that year but with a "job", not as an adventure Any ideas? Ty!!!

Direct link Reply with quote

Deschant
Local time: 19:50
Ministerio de Educación Feb 4, 2005

Hi Kiradenea, it´s a bit late to apply, but the Spanish Ministerio de Educación offers several positions for conversation assistants in European countries (UK, Ireland, Germany, France, Austria...) each year. You need to be a graduate or a senior in Philology or T&I. You´ll become 900-1000 € / month and work 12-14 hours /week in a high school. It´s quite interesting for recent graduates... Refer to the BOE in October or November for information.

Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
yes, it's too late :) Feb 4, 2005

Yes,m it's too late to apply for those programs, I considered to apply this year but i must admit that I am not a particular "fan" of the UK as a "workplace" My idea is something in the United States since I've been going there every summer since I was 7 and worked there several summers too Ty anyway for the tip

Orla Ryan  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 19:50
How about Ireland? :) Feb 4, 2005

Have you checked http://www.hetac.ie?
They may be able to assist you.

Orla

Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ty :P Feb 4, 2005

Ty, I'll give it a try

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Graduating this year, Lectorship, Internship?

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs