Thread poster: carolinavan
carolinavan
carolinavan
Germany
Local time: 23:35
Spanish to Tagalog
+ ...
Feb 10, 2005

Hi! I am new in Proz and would like to know if ever you get the work and they decide to pay you? what is the best way for them to pay to me (am in Spain)? should I use paypal? or can they send it directly to my account? please advice. Thanks!

Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 23:35
German to Romanian
+ ...
try to start by searching the forums Feb 10, 2005

you will find lots of useful information discussed in the past

good luck

NathalieVVT (X)
NathalieVVT (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:35
French to English
+ ...
PayPal Feb 10, 2005

Paypal works well for me.

Omar Osman
Omar Osman
Local time: 05:35
Somali to English
+ ...
A bit of both Feb 11, 2005

I use Paypal or Ikobo for international transfers and my bank for European payments. The bank option is convinient only with amounts of 600 Euros or above. I have found Ikobo (www.ikobo.com) better than Paypal in some occasions.
Good luck

davidgreen
davidgreen
German to English
it depends what country the payment is coming from Feb 11, 2005

within the EU it's generally easy enough for the client to pay directly into your Spanish bank account (you will need to know the BIC and IBAN numbers of your account). From other countries I've heard (haven't used them yet) paypal & moneybrokers are good.

Cecilia Di Vita
Cecilia Di Vita  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:35
English to Italian
+ ...
both of them Feb 11, 2005

Hi, as someone else has already said, it depends on the country from which you receive the payment. If it comes from a country within the European Union, you can simply request a payment via wire transfer, directly to your bank account, since no fees are required for transfers within the EU. If the payments comes from outside the EU, then choose a system like PayPal, so you can avoid paying enormous fees for bank transfers.

Good luck

Cecilia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Payment

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »