Getting started as a translator/interpreter
Thread poster: DonEwald921
DonEwald921
English to Spanish
Feb 13, 2005

Hi,

My name is Don. I just joined as a free member. I am very interested in becoming a translator and/or an interpreter. I have been a 3rd grade teacher and am teaching in a program that teaches English and Spanish. Besides this I have been interpreting in church for up to 6 hours at a time. I have been trying to find out what I need to do to be a translator/interpreter as a home business. I have seen people mentioning credentials etc. I really don't know what that entails and am most interested in finding out. Also, do I need to have a certification? If so what is the process and the time frame? Please help.

Thank you,
Don

Direct link Reply with quote

Trudy Peters  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:46
German to English
+ ...
Try searching the forums Feb 13, 2005

Try searching the forums, Don, for "getting started" or the like. There have been countless discussions on this subject in the past.

Good luck!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Getting started as a translator/interpreter

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs