Mobile menu

Getting started as a translator/interpreter
Thread poster: DonEwald921
English to Spanish
Feb 13, 2005

My name is Don. I just joined as a free member. I am very interested in becoming a translator and/or an interpreter. I have been a 3rd grade teacher and am teaching in a program that teaches English and Spanish. Besides this I have been interpreting in church for up to 6 hours at a time. I have been trying to find out what I need to do to be a translator/interpreter as a home business. I have seen people mentioning credentials etc. I really don't know what that entails and am most interested in finding out. Also, do I need to have a certification? If so what is the process and the time frame? Please help.

Thank you,

Direct link Reply with quote

Trudy Peters  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:41
German to English
+ ...
Try searching the forums Feb 13, 2005

Try searching the forums, Don, for "getting started" or the like. There have been countless discussions on this subject in the past.

Good luck!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Getting started as a translator/interpreter

Advanced search

Translation news

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs