Thread poster: audetraduction
audetraduction
audetraduction  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:32
French to English
+ ...
Mar 16, 2016

I have recently been awarded sworn translator status (traductrice assermentee) from French to English in France. The court itself did not give guidelines on what a traduction assermentee should look like, can anyone point me towards some information? Is it up to the individual to supply themselves with a stamp? If so, does it need to say something specific (such as which court granted the status)? Are prices for traductions assermentees regulated at all or is it up to the individual to set their... See more
I have recently been awarded sworn translator status (traductrice assermentee) from French to English in France. The court itself did not give guidelines on what a traduction assermentee should look like, can anyone point me towards some information? Is it up to the individual to supply themselves with a stamp? If so, does it need to say something specific (such as which court granted the status)? Are prices for traductions assermentees regulated at all or is it up to the individual to set their own rates?
Thank you for all your help and advice with this.
Collapse

Ewa Olszowa
Ewa Olszowa  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 19:32
Polish to English
+ ...
Do not know much about France but Mar 16, 2016

I would contact association(s) for professional (or sworn) tanslators in France for some guidelines or trainings on operating as sworn translator.

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:32
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
I'd ask them Mar 17, 2016

Surely the ones who gave the right are the ones to advise about a stamp? I seem to remember getting varying prices when I was preparing to live there and needing this service.

LJC (X)
LJC (X)
France
Local time: 00:32
French to English
+ ...
SFT site Mar 17, 2016

You should be able to find the answers to most of your questions on the SFT site.
[url=http://www.sft.fr/faq-experts-de-justice.html[/url]

You'll also have to register on the Chorus portal to be paid by the court.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Setting myself up as a sworn translator in France

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »