Tony Berglund
Sweden
Local time: 17:08
English to Swedish
+ ...
Mar 24, 2005

Hi!
I'm new here, so bare with me.
I see that some kind of certification is required if you´re going to get any assignments.

Plz tell me what this cretification is and how to get it?

Regards
Tony

juvera
juvera  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:08
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Bare with you? Mar 25, 2005

Hi Tony,
welcome, but baring with each other is not part of the ritual of becoming part of the ProZ community.
You don't necessarily have to be certified either, to become a translator.
Seriously, that varies from country to country. It would be quite useful to create an information database on the subject. Some clients and agencies demand it, without having the faintest idea, what it is they are asking, or if in
... See more
Hi Tony,
welcome, but baring with each other is not part of the ritual of becoming part of the ProZ community.
You don't necessarily have to be certified either, to become a translator.
Seriously, that varies from country to country. It would be quite useful to create an information database on the subject. Some clients and agencies demand it, without having the faintest idea, what it is they are asking, or if in their country there is a requirement, they assume, that it is the same everywhere. Others are much more interested in what you have to offer as a translator.
In the UK you can have diplomas, exams, be member of a couple of prpfessinal organisations, but there is no such thing as "certified translator".
I am sure, you will get more specific answers, and I am just as interested to know about requirements in other countries, as you are.

Good luck

Juvera
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Certification?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »