How to bid on Proz.com and use the blueboards ?
Thread poster: Margarita_R
Margarita_R
Margarita_R
United States
Local time: 13:23
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 17, 2005

I have recently became a member and the truth is that I'm timid on bidding. I'm freelancer most of my clients I see them face to face. They call me, tell me where they need me and I'm there.

I work on my own for the past 8 years.Interpreting and translating.Most of my translation has to do with immigration, Depositions,in others.

I have never worked with any other translation agency's.I live in Indiana which their are few interpreters,and less translators.

... See more
I have recently became a member and the truth is that I'm timid on bidding. I'm freelancer most of my clients I see them face to face. They call me, tell me where they need me and I'm there.

I work on my own for the past 8 years.Interpreting and translating.Most of my translation has to do with immigration, Depositions,in others.

I have never worked with any other translation agency's.I live in Indiana which their are few interpreters,and less translators.

I do have a contract with an institution for year. But I would to have more.

I would like to thank you all in advance for your input and advice.
Collapse

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:23
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Bidding on proz.com Jun 18, 2005

Hi Margarita,

Filling in the form on proz.com to put your name forward for a job is very easy. However, you will only be successful if the person offering the job can read all about you in your proz profile. Therefore, the first thing you need to do is fill in your profile. In the specialization section, describe your speciality and what type of work you have been doing over the years. In the section underneath, write down your c.v., in particular any relevant translation qualif
... See more
Hi Margarita,

Filling in the form on proz.com to put your name forward for a job is very easy. However, you will only be successful if the person offering the job can read all about you in your proz profile. Therefore, the first thing you need to do is fill in your profile. In the specialization section, describe your speciality and what type of work you have been doing over the years. In the section underneath, write down your c.v., in particular any relevant translation qualifications that you have, or any degrees.

Have fun compiling your profile!

Astrid
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:23
English to German
+ ...
Precautions when accepting work from unknown customers Jun 18, 2005

Hi Margarita,
On a general note, what you need to bear in mind is that delivering work to unknown customers without prepayment is equivalent to giving them credit. Consequently, you need to take certain precautions - checking the ProZ.com Blue Board is one of them.

Giuliana Buscaglione and I gave a presentation on this topic at last year's ProZ.com conference in Oxford - t
... See more
Hi Margarita,
On a general note, what you need to bear in mind is that delivering work to unknown customers without prepayment is equivalent to giving them credit. Consequently, you need to take certain precautions - checking the ProZ.com Blue Board is one of them.

Giuliana Buscaglione and I gave a presentation on this topic at last year's ProZ.com conference in Oxford - the presentation notes have been posted as a Howto; note that there are other related Howtos in the same section.

I also gave a presentation on managing business risks at the recent ATA Financial Translation and Interpreting Conference - contact me through my profile if you need more details.

Best regards,
Ralf

[Edited at 2005-06-18 11:51]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to bid on Proz.com and use the blueboards ?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »