Diana Marfogel
Diana Marfogel  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 13:06
Hebrew to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 24, 2002

Hello to everybody,

I am quite new in Proz.com. I don\'t understand how do I know that the answer to a bid is \"No, thanks\". What is the average period of time that it takes to job posters to answer bids?

Thank you, Diana

corinne durand
corinne durand  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:06
English to French
+ ...
Hi Diana Jun 24, 2002

Hi Diana,

To answer your question, according to my own experience, I would say that if you haven\'t heard anything in the hour following a bid, you probably have not been selected. It very much depends on the sort of job, the more urgent the job (as it is often the case), the quicker the decision, if it is just to be added on a database, then it may take a few days. Sometimes ou may receive a \"thank you, another bid has been chosen for job XYZ\" mail a few days later, howev
... See more
Hi Diana,

To answer your question, according to my own experience, I would say that if you haven\'t heard anything in the hour following a bid, you probably have not been selected. It very much depends on the sort of job, the more urgent the job (as it is often the case), the quicker the decision, if it is just to be added on a database, then it may take a few days. Sometimes ou may receive a \"thank you, another bid has been chosen for job XYZ\" mail a few days later, however, unfortunately, the outsourcers do not seem to use this functionality very often to inform the bidders.

Hope this helps...good luck.

Corinne
Collapse

Trudy Peters
Trudy Peters  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:06
German to English
+ ...
I'm also wondering about closing job postings Jun 24, 2002

How do we know when a translator has been selected and the job is no longer open? Some postings seem to stay up forever, and it seems to me that translators could be wasting their money/BrowniZ bidding on a job that has already been closed.

Shouldn\'t outsourcers be required to say \"Bidding closed?\" I\'ve only seen this on rare occasions.

Magda Dziadosz
Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 12:06
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
They do not answer bids Jun 24, 2002

You actually never know if they receive it or not. They generally show a lot of disrespect to translators.

Sad, but true.

Magda

Telesforo Fernandez (X)
Telesforo Fernandez (X)
Local time: 15:36
English to Spanish
+ ...
this is a big wait Jun 25, 2002

You have to wait and wait.

If hopes were dupes, fears may be liars.

They also serve those who stand and wait- Chesterton.

Who knows, you may hit the jackpot one day.It is like a lottery with odds loaded against you- but not always.

Rick Henry
Rick Henry  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:06
Italian to English
+ ...
I wonder if this couldn't be automated... Jun 25, 2002

Bids have a \"Do not bid after:\" field. I wonder if this couldn\'t be automated based on that field. Granted, some flexibility for the job poster may be lost, but...

R.

==

Quote:

On 2002-06-24 21:37, Trudy wrote:

Shouldn\'t outsourcers be required to say \"Bidding closed?\"

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

When do my bids become obsolete?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »