Mobile menu

How to make it as new translator?
Thread poster: Belle Schwarz
Belle Schwarz
Local time: 19:53
German to English
+ ...
Sep 14, 2005

I typed my name and profile in several of translator resources and waited. Not much happened. I understand that going Platinum helps, but what other ways are there to get translations offers, to get customers?

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxMikaele
Local time: 02:53
English to French
+ ...
starting as a translator Sep 28, 2005

BelleBelle wrote:

I typed my name and profile in several of translator resources and waited. Not much happened. I understand that going Platinum helps, but what other ways are there to get translations offers, to get customers?

Hi,

I'm also a new translator and I sought advice from friends in the translation industry and I've also looked around the different forums in some of the major translation directories.

I could gather that being a member of the different translation directories helps very much. I was also told to put my name in the yellow pages, to have professional looking business cards and to have my own website. I think that selecting translation agencies which are looking for translators in your field of specialization would also be very useful.

I hope the above helps.

John Walsh  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 02:53
Member (2004)
Italian to English
Welcome to Proz.com Sep 28, 2005

You've taken the first step by becoming a member. Now read some articles at http://www.proz.com/translation-articles/categories/ProZ.com-Site-Features/.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to make it as new translator?

Advanced search

Translation news

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs