https://www.proz.com/forum/getting_established/36707-how_to_make_it_as_new_translator.html

How to make it as new translator?
Thread poster: Belle Schwarz (X)
Belle Schwarz (X)
Belle Schwarz (X)
Local time: 07:17
German to English
+ ...
Sep 14, 2005

I typed my name and profile in several of translator resources and waited. Not much happened. I understand that going Platinum helps, but what other ways are there to get translations offers, to get customers?

Mikaele (X)
Mikaele (X)
Local time: 14:17
English to French
+ ...
starting as a translator Sep 28, 2005

BelleBelle wrote:

I typed my name and profile in several of translator resources and waited. Not much happened. I understand that going Platinum helps, but what other ways are there to get translations offers, to get customers?

Hi,

I'm also a new translator and I sought advice from friends in the translation industry and I've also looked around the different forums in some of the major translation directories.

I could gather that being a member of the different translation directories helps very much. I was also told to put my name in the yellow pages, to have professional looking business cards and to have my own website. I think that selecting translation agencies which are looking for translators in your field of specialization would also be very useful.

I hope the above helps.

John Walsh
John Walsh  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 14:17
Italian to English
Welcome to Proz.com Sep 28, 2005

You've taken the first step by becoming a member. Now read some articles at http://www.proz.com/translation-articles/categories/ProZ.com-Site-Features/.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to make it as new translator?

Translation news

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »