How can I gain clients confidence?
Thread poster: Bright Bridge

Bright Bridge  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:08
English to Arabic
+ ...
Sep 14, 2005

Hi all,
I'm a certified translator since 1997. I have accomplished hundreds of thousands of works and I'm engaged in the translation of an international newsletter.
Recently, I choosed to concentrate on Inernet work however I couldn't yet get a job! I wonder if this kind of work has become, by time, restricted to a close circle of "old" highly rated registered translators?

Direct link Reply with quote

Local time: 02:08
Member (2003)
English to Danish
+ ...
Not a closed circle. Sep 14, 2005

Start by entering proper keywords for your profile.

This means that you should enter e.g.: "agriculture, economics, contracts, law, e-commerce, certificates" etc.

The keywords are used by potential clients looking for a translator in the field. Therefore your keywords must be related to your fields of expertise.

This should give you an advantage when looking for work.

The keywords (this works like any internet search engine) you have entered would only show your profile if the potential client searches for "Professionalism", "is", "bound", "to" or "Accuracy".
So you see, this would not provide a lot of work for you.

Start there, and I'm sure you'll soon get plenty of work.

Arthur Allmendinger  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:08
Partial member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
> Sep 19, 2005

nabil EL ALAOUI wrote:

Recently, I choosed to...

Do you translate into English?

In this case it is possible that some native speakers notice that English is not your native language.

It’s just my guess.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I gain clients confidence?

Advanced search

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs