Mobile menu

Translation from Argentina
Thread poster: oroborus
Local time: 17:42
English to Spanish
Oct 5, 2005

I have just finished a Masters in Translation (Spanish-English, English-Spanish) from the University of Alicante SPAIN focusing mainly on legal translation. I have done about 2 years of in-house translation for Non-Profits in the United States.

The problem I have is I get lost in this web site. My main question amongst others is how do I recieve money for a translation I do for a foreign client? What service do I use?
Thanks in advance for the answer

Marina Canavoso

Direct link Reply with quote

Cintia Pecellin  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:42
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
Dependerá del cliente Oct 5, 2005

Hola Marina,
El pago de tus servicios dependerá de aquél que te contrate, del cliente, pero nunca de ProZ. Esto es una comunidad, un foro, de traductores, que cumple infinidad de funciones, pero gestionar los pagos de nuestros distintos trabajos realmente no es su labor :- )
Probablemente, si son europeos, tus clientes cancelarán sus facturas mediante transferencias bancarias. Además pueden emplear otros sistemas, como PayPal, Moneybookers, Western Union, cheques a tu nombre...etc. Tú decides qué solicitas y negocias cómo lo recibirás.

Local time: 17:42
English to French
+ ...
I agree with Cintia Oct 5, 2005

That's something you need to discuss with your client. You may find good ideas on Proz forums, but the site does not provide this kind of service.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation from Argentina

Advanced search

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs