Mobile menu

Which are the rates in France and England?
Thread poster: NAKOM

NAKOM
Spain
Local time: 16:33
Spanish to Arabic
+ ...
Oct 24, 2005

Please could anyone tell me which are the average rates in France, ex. French into English and Spanish or viceversa?
Thank you? And in England?

Direct link Reply with quote

Angela Arnone  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to English
+ ...
Hi Nage Oct 24, 2005

Thank you for coming to proz.
I think, as far as rates are concerned, it's quite a personal matter, so what I suggest is that anyone who wants to give Nage some pointers should reply to her in private.
Cheers
Angela

Nage wrote:

Please could anyone tell me which are the average rates in France, ex. French into English and Spanish or viceversa?

NAKOM
Spain
Spanish to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
just an idea Oct 24, 2005

I'm not expecting to obtain translators rates, I would just like to have an idea of the market, what do usual agencies or translators charge to direct clients and what is the average of rate for translators. I'm just compairing it to the Spanish market, which I think is much cheaper. Thank you!

xxxSemantix AB
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
It's a global market Oct 25, 2005

Nage wrote:

Hi Nage,

As an outsourcerer, this seems like a pointless question to me.
I guess you mean "what do agencies in "Country X" pay for translations in Y>Z?"

As I've posted earlier, it's a global market, and unless the agency required special country knowledge, we have the whole world to recruit freelancers from.

For EN>ES we use a freelancer in Argentina, for SV>EN we have a guy in Israel, for GE>SV there's an ex-pat lady in South Corea doing the job. You get the point.

So naturally, with the market globalization the rates equalize. If yo have a profile that is unique, the agency will pay your price irrespectively of where the agency is located.

OTOH, if your skills are widely available, most financially sound agencies will take someone cheaper, even if it has to cross the border.

In the global competition between agencies, the rates they pay tend to level out. If the agencies in India pays less than the agencies in England, naturally most freelancers will turn down jobs for the Indian agency which will force the Indian agency to either hike their rates or deliver inferior quality. And the end client know this.

NAKOM
Spain
Spanish to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Dec 18, 2006

Thank you for your answer and sorry for not answering before.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Which are the rates in France and England?

Advanced search

Translation news

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs