Mobile menu

Any suggestions for marketing freelance translation?
Thread poster: Stacey Wilcox
Stacey Wilcox
Local time: 10:03
Spanish to English
Nov 2, 2005

Hi everyone,

I'm new to translating and currently working on a website to advertise my freelance translating services. Does anyone have any further suggestions on marketing and what they found was more successful in attracting work? Any help with this would be much appreciated,

Direct link Reply with quote
Quality counts! Nov 2, 2005

Answer to your question is simple and straightforward.
Just do good job and satisfy your clients (in case you are doing the job through agencies, then your goal is your client's clients).
As long as you stay with ProZ and keep applying job posting, eventually you get it (not instantly, not very easily, but you will). Then give the best shot.
Those agencies have plenty of suppy of translators and competition is stiff -- so you must stand out above the crowd. Horn your skill always, be knowledgeable.
You may put out expensive web site, and your job does not meet, nobody will give a damn about your website.

[Edited at 2005-11-02 23:06]

Lucinda  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:03
Member (2002)
Dutch to English
+ ...
You are your own best advertisement! Nov 2, 2005

Your work that is. Just like Humbird said: Quality counts.

Keep delivering superior work, meeting your deadlines and the rest will fall nicely into place. You WILL get busier and busier and even be able to turn down jobs.

I cannot tell you too much about the website as I do not have one myself. Other Prozians knowledgeable in this area will be able to better assist you with that.

Although, I must say: It takes a bit of time, so don't get discouraged. It will happen; you'll see.

Good luck!

xxxMihai Badea  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Article Knowledgebase Nov 2, 2005

There are several articles on this subject in the Article Knowledgebase, which you may find useful.

[Edited at 2005-11-02 23:42]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any suggestions for marketing freelance translation?

Advanced search

Translation news

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs