Niina Lahokoski  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 16:56
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
+ ...
Nov 3, 2005

Dear all,

I have been reading your discussions about getting established with great interest.

I'm quite a fresh freelance translator, still studying at the university. I have been translating for a year. Now I did what was suggested on these forums and created a "business profile" to be sent to agencies instead of a CV (it can be downloaded from my profile page). I would love to hear your advice about the information to include, the layout etc. Examples of good profiles are also welcome.

I would appreciate your comments!

[Edited at 2005-11-04 20:03]

Direct link Reply with quote

kara marie
French to English
Business Profile Jan 9, 2006

You should probably change "I'm" to I am, as contractions are less formal and approprate in business situations. Also, in your "hobbies" area, by "www," do you just mean the internet? If so, you should just type "internet". If you are targeting the United States, these suggestions would be appropriate. Otherwise, disregard my feedback!

Goodluck translating...hopefully, I'll be doing the same thing also!

Kara

Niina Lahokoski wrote:

Dear all,

I have been reading your discussions about getting established with great interest.

I'm quite a fresh freelance translator, still studying at the university. I have been translating for a year. Now I did what was suggested on these forums and created a "business profile" to be sent to agencies instead of a CV (it can be downloaded from my profile page). I would love to hear your advice about the information to include, the layout etc. Examples of good profiles are also welcome.

I would appreciate your comments!

[Edited at 2005-11-04 20:03]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Creating a profile?

Advanced search

Translation news

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs