EirTranslations
EirTranslations  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 06:53
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 10, 2005

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum and well to this country, only been here a couple of weeks (moved in with Dutch partner). I have worked as a translator for the past 10 years but always on-site, save the last few years i worked at home but on a pay-role- normal employee basis, just had office at home (in spain). I have never worked as a freelancer and do not know what is required here, specially VAT regarding, taxes etc. Can anyone help? I do not want to go paying right and left at mo... See more
Hello everyone! I am new to this forum and well to this country, only been here a couple of weeks (moved in with Dutch partner). I have worked as a translator for the past 10 years but always on-site, save the last few years i worked at home but on a pay-role- normal employee basis, just had office at home (in spain). I have never worked as a freelancer and do not know what is required here, specially VAT regarding, taxes etc. Can anyone help? I do not want to go paying right and left at moment to everyone when i don't even have any work since I just moved and practically lost all my clients, so I want to know what i can do in my case. Can i do a few minor jobs (if im lucky enough to get them) without establishing a company or myself as a freelance or not?
What are the costs of this? (ouch)
How do i go about getting work cause i have written to everyone for the past 2-3 weeks and only had 2 replies and 1 test!! Help
I translate from English into Spanish and vice-versa, and from Italian into Spanish or English. Currently i am learning Dutch and have sonme very basic knowledge of german and medium french, so my dutch is not up to understanding level here. Could any kind dutch translator please reply and help me start out or point me in the right direction? Id really appreciate it..thx

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-11-10 11:13]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help! I just moved to The Netherlands

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »