Dutch - Norwegian Translator in the UK
Thread poster: Noor
Noor
Norway
Local time: 09:01
English to Dutch
+ ...
Oct 21, 2001

I am an apsipiring translator, having both Dutch and Norwegian as my native tounges. I am looking for tips and hits on how to start up, but mostly, what qualifications are WORTH having, and if possible, internet addresses of them. I read a lot of posts where the posters say that such and such qualification is not worth getting, as it is not officially recognized.

I am also lookin for pointers as to where I near where I live (Southend on Sea, near London) can get more information. I have looked at the local colleges, but their offerings are minimal.

Thank you so much for your time

Charlotte

[ This Message was edited by: on 2001-10-24 12:53 ]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dutch - Norwegian Translator in the UK

Advanced search

Translation news

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Lilt
Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs