Best Time
Thread poster: Ahmad Abdrabbou

Ahmad Abdrabbou
Local time: 17:27
English to Arabic
+ ...
Dec 15, 2005

Hi,
What is the best time of the year to address potential clients(translation agencies or direct clients)?

Direct link Reply with quote

Lawyer-Linguist  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 16:27
Dutch to English
+ ...
When they've got a specific need for a translator ...;-) Dec 15, 2005

Ahmad_Suliman wrote:

Hi,
What is the best time of the year to address potential clients(translation agencies or direct clients)?

Being a bit flippant, but seriously I don't think there is really a "best time" - you really need an element of luck to "be in the right place at the right time".

Sending CV's out over festive periods isn't necessarily a bad idea though, agencies often have problems sourcing translators for urgent jobs then as their regulars are on holiday. It's a good time to get a foot in the door - IF you want to work then of course.

I think if you go back in the ProZ quick polls, you'll also find one with details of the busiest times as a guideline - of course it differs for each language pair/speciality but provides a fair idea nevertheless. (there is an archive link via the home page if I remember correctly)

Good luck
D

[Edited at 2005-12-15 15:50]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Best Time

Advanced search

Translation news

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs