Project: How to get a translation project??
Thread poster: Christ Muktijono

Christ Muktijono
Local time: 05:52
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Feb 23, 2006

I am tired off looking on translation project. I already sing in 10 (ten) community like Proz.com but till rightnow no result.

How can I attract a potencial client or job poster to see my application?

Direct link Reply with quote

Hadiyono Jaqin  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 05:52
Member (2011)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Never ever give up Feb 23, 2006

Never ever give up.

It is only about the time. We could not rely on internet only. We have to establish networking with others. The most important thing is we have to improve our skill.

Kurt Porter  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:52
Russian to English
+ ...
How to find work? Feb 23, 2006

Christ Muktijono wrote:

I am tired off looking on translation project. I already sing in 10 (ten) community like Proz.com but till rightnow no result.

How can I attract a potencial client or job poster to see my application?

First thing you might want to do is get a real photo on your profile.

Jo-Hanna Goettsche  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:52
English to Spanish
Some suggestions for improving your profile Feb 23, 2006

Your profile doesn't have the green icon indicating you are available. If I am a client searching for all available translators in your language pairs, you are not going to appear.

Additionally, check the spelling on your profile.

oscar mojon saa  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:52
French to Spanish
+ ...
Meet other people Feb 23, 2006

Hadiyono Jaqin wrote:

We could not rely on internet only. We have to establish networking with others. The most important thing is we have to improve our skill.

I totally agree. You can get involved in a professional association, meet other translators and visit your local area companies, attend congresses promoting your services and fine-tune your skills in some postgraduate course (where you can get acquaintance with other professional colleagues and teachers) ... The most important thing is expanding your network, and the real-life network not the Internet one was for me the most effective way.

Keep it up!

Sabine Cretella
Germany
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
Availability button Feb 23, 2006

Jo-Hanna Goettsche wrote:

Your profile doesn't have the green icon indicating you are available. If I am a client searching for all available translators in your language pairs, you are not going to appear.

Additionally, check the spelling on your profile.

Hi Jo-Hanna,

before I really take up that thingie: does that mean that I am being forced to go every now and then to go back to ProZ to check if the ability button is on even if I have platin membership and that if I cannot/forget to go back and check this I will not be listed if someone searches for a translator? Sorry, for maybe repeating things, but I'd like to be sure about this before giving my opinion on that.
Thanks!

Sabine

Andy Watkinson
Spain
Catalan to English
+ ...
One week Feb 23, 2006

Hi Sabine,

In the case of (Platinum) members, the indicator is set for one week. After a week you would need to "renew" the indication,

I don't know about users.

Cheers,
Andy

Sabine Cretella
Germany
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
Counterproductive Feb 23, 2006

Hmmm ... so this availability button in some way is counter productive since I "must" change it every now and then in order to have people contact me ... well to have my name on the translator's list for my languages when someone searches for a translator.

I am here to make contacts to people and to network ... so to me that is more negative than positive, since if I am not available I can simply turn it off, but having to make sure to have it turned on is one of those things that I feel more like a kind of annoyance.

I have to think about that one ...

Thank you!!!

Sabine

Angela Arnone  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to English
+ ...
Your name comes up anyway, Sabine Feb 23, 2006

The availability "light" doesn't modify your presence on search results.
Try searching for yourslef and check. If I'm wrong, contact me and we'll make a Support Request to have it made default.
Ciao
Angela

Sabine Cretella wrote:
... well to have my name on the translator's list for my languages when someone searches for a translator.

I am here to make contacts to people and to network ... so to me that is more negative than positive, since if I am not available I can simply turn it off, but having to make sure to have it turned on is one of those things that I feel more like a kind of annoyance.

I have to think about that one ...

Thank you!!!

Sabine

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Project: How to get a translation project??

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums