Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Good sources of volunteer/ pro bono translation work?
Thread poster: Rebecca Freed
Alex Aruj
Alex Aruj  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:19
Spanish to English
+ ...
Ways to Contribute Without Undercutting Others Apr 30, 2010

The Ashoka Foundation has pro-bono work for translators every now and again.

http://www.ashoka.org/volunteer/opportunities?filter0=Volunteer%20Translation%20Services&filter1=

Good luck. If you can obtain a book in your native tongue and a translation to the language you translate from, that can be abundantly helpfu
... See more
The Ashoka Foundation has pro-bono work for translators every now and again.

http://www.ashoka.org/volunteer/opportunities?filter0=Volunteer%20Translation%20Services&filter1=

Good luck. If you can obtain a book in your native tongue and a translation to the language you translate from, that can be abundantly helpful!
Collapse

Johanna Timm, PhD
Johanna Timm, PhD  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 17:19
English to German
+ ...
Translations for Progress Apr 30, 2010

Translations for Progress is an online forum for volunteer translation and a public service intended for the international non-commercial public-good volunteer community. It was created to meet the needs of two different groups:

1. “Organizations” and other social entities in need of translation work, but without the budget to pay for it, and
2. Students or professionals in foreign languages interested in building experience as translators and/or editors or proofread
... See more
Translations for Progress is an online forum for volunteer translation and a public service intended for the international non-commercial public-good volunteer community. It was created to meet the needs of two different groups:

1. “Organizations” and other social entities in need of translation work, but without the budget to pay for it, and
2. Students or professionals in foreign languages interested in building experience as translators and/or editors or proofreaders, working directly with organizations in their region of interest, and contributing to a good cause.

http://www.translationsforprogress.org/main.php

Cheers,
johanna
Collapse

Malak Laroussi

federsmiths
federsmiths
Local time: 01:19
Italian to English
+ ...
collaboration Aug 14, 2010

I find these pieces of advise are very useful. Collaboration and help is the way forward. I propose to help proofread in Italian free of charge for the beginners. I am a beginner myself in English. So who wants can contact me and discuss. Bye

Malak Laroussi
Malak Laroussi
Algeria
Arabic to English
+ ...
how can one enroll to those organization . please ! Nov 7, 2022

pbp28 wrote:

there are quite a few organizations (children and handicapped) that would welcome your contribution.

I have worked for a few of them (still do), let me know if you are interested!

Rgds,

Pilar

Malak Laroussi
Malak Laroussi
Algeria
Arabic to English
+ ...
Thank you it was very helpfull Nov 7, 2022

Johanna Timm, PhD wrote:

2. Students or professionals in foreign languages interested in building experience as translators and/or editors or proofreaders, working directly with organizations in their region of interest, and contributing to a good cause.

http://www.translationsforprogress.org/main.php

Cheers,
johanna

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Good sources of volunteer/ pro bono translation work?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »