How do I become a freelance in China??
Thread poster: Lola Rodriguez
Lola Rodriguez
Local time: 07:10
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 2, 2006

Dear fellow freelances in China, I need your advice:

I am Spanish and I have my legal residence in Spain, where I am registered as a freelance. However a month ago I came to China for a Chinese course and it happens that I've fallen in love with this country and I would like so much to stay.

The question is how to legally establish my freelance activity in this country.

I would really appreciate any tips on this topic!!

Lola Rodriguez

Direct link Reply with quote

Angela Arnone  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:10
Member (2004)
Italian to English
+ ...
Try posting on the Chinese forum too May 2, 2006

Hi Lola,
Sounds like a pretty big step there! Good luck.
Try posting on the Chinese forums too.

Ming Fu, Qi  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:10
English to Chinese
+ ...
Sell yourself to large translation Componies May 3, 2006

Freelancing translation is a new job market emerging in China in recent years. If you try to do that job there, you should keep alert on some untrusty companies, especially the small ones. When you begin to do business, you should contract with them in written or oral form. For example, the price, the date to pay, the formula to count words, if lucky, then you can exert your efforts and reap sweet fruits in your dreamed land.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I become a freelance in China??

Advanced search

Translation news

SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs