Aisha Rishi
Aisha Rishi
Pakistan
Local time: 06:28
English to Urdu
+ ...
May 2, 2006

Hi All,

I was approached by a company for translation of Audio transcripts and they offered me the rate of 1$ per minute. I have never worked with audio files before, so can I anyone please tell me what the going rate is for audio transcripts? Please note I have to listen to the file and then translate, it is not provided to me as text.

Thanks a bunch in advance

juvera
juvera  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:28
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Just a warning May 6, 2006

I haven't done one for some time, so I don't want to give you definite advice, but this doesn't sound right at all.

An hour tape can have anything between 5000 to 7000 words on it, depending on how fast they speak. In any case, say 6000 is a fair average. Work out your translation fee, plus the time to listen to the tape. that would be at least three times the actual time.

I would charge a time fee, plus translation fee based on the final word count.

I ho
... See more
I haven't done one for some time, so I don't want to give you definite advice, but this doesn't sound right at all.

An hour tape can have anything between 5000 to 7000 words on it, depending on how fast they speak. In any case, say 6000 is a fair average. Work out your translation fee, plus the time to listen to the tape. that would be at least three times the actual time.

I would charge a time fee, plus translation fee based on the final word count.

I hope somebody will be of more help.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Audio Transcript

Translation news

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »