Beginning
Thread poster: Brendan Jones
Brendan Jones
Brendan Jones  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:14
German to English
+ ...
Aug 8, 2006

Hi, I'm rather new to translating. I recently moved to the US from England where I had a job with a translation company translating from German to English. I've really got no experience as a freelancer who has to sell himself for each job, but it's something I'd like to do at least part time so that I can maintain my language skills and make some money at the same time. Where does one start?

Thanks,
Brendan Jones

Steven Sidore
Steven Sidore  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:14
German to English
In this forum Aug 8, 2006

Hi Brendan,

As you might imagine, this question has been asked many times and in many ways here. The answers are here in this very "Getting Established" forum--browse over to it and you'll find a tremendous wealth of information.

Good luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Beginning

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »