https://www.proz.com/forum/getting_established/52904-portage_salarial%3A_accepting_clients_outside_of_eu.html

Portage salarial: accepting clients outside of EU
Thread poster: Natasha Dupuy
Natasha Dupuy
Natasha Dupuy  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:37
French to English
Aug 8, 2006

Hi,

I have been researching portage agencies, and so far the ones I have contacted tell me that if I sign up with them I will not be in a position to accept clients outside of the European Union or the DOM-TOM. Some tell me it's because the contract terms are not valid overseas, others tell me it's because of the TVA, while I just think it all a little strange.
Would anyone know of one, or several, portage agencies in France that will let you have international clients outside
... See more
Hi,

I have been researching portage agencies, and so far the ones I have contacted tell me that if I sign up with them I will not be in a position to accept clients outside of the European Union or the DOM-TOM. Some tell me it's because the contract terms are not valid overseas, others tell me it's because of the TVA, while I just think it all a little strange.
Would anyone know of one, or several, portage agencies in France that will let you have international clients outside of the EU?
(I know we cannot post the actual names on here, so please feel free to email me).

Thanks!

Natasha
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Portage salarial: accepting clients outside of EU

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »