Mobile menu

Other work whilst geting started
Thread poster: katherine zawadzka

katherine zawadzka
Local time: 00:31
Italian to English
Sep 21, 2006

Just wondering what other work people do while they are trying to get established in order to keep money coming in and leave themselves with enough time and energy to plough into translation? Am living in rather remote area so possibilities quite limited!

Direct link Reply with quote

Krys Williams  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:31
Member (2003)
Polish to English
+ ...
presumably working from home? Sep 24, 2006

I must admit I was running freelance translation alongside paid employment for quite some time.

I did complete the indexing course of the Society of Indexers and now receive a fairly steady stream of indexing from a couple of clients, which is less time-critical work that I fit in as and when I feel like it.

Ebay? You will need something that sells more or less on its own merits, ideally a small range of higher-value items so that you do not waste too much time on listing and posting out in relation to the return you receive.

[Edited at 2006-09-24 11:04]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Other work whilst geting started

Advanced search

Translation news

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs