Thread poster: kikyo (X)
kikyo (X)
kikyo (X)
Local time: 14:22
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 12, 2006

Hi to everybody.
I've realised - as many of you often write - that before becoming an interpreter or a translator, it's better to get experience going abroad and doing other kinds of jobs.
I don't know if eventually I'll become an interpreter, but I do want to leave Italy and try something different.
So I'm always looking for opportunities on the internet: something that can be suitable to my savings and my personality (this is why I cannot apply for Us university courses or go
... See more
Hi to everybody.
I've realised - as many of you often write - that before becoming an interpreter or a translator, it's better to get experience going abroad and doing other kinds of jobs.
I don't know if eventually I'll become an interpreter, but I do want to leave Italy and try something different.
So I'm always looking for opportunities on the internet: something that can be suitable to my savings and my personality (this is why I cannot apply for Us university courses or going abroad as a volunteer).
During these days I'm taking into consideration the possibilty of applying for an internship outside Italy through a third part: an association that can organize internships (paid and unpaid) and, if required, provide people with the accomodation.
Since I'm always looking for a way to improve my English in the United States for more than 3 months (and studying there, as we all know, it's rather expensive), I found this option a good idea. But I would like to check the reliability of such organizations and, if you know them, have your opinions.
I'm interested, in particular, in the LSI (Language Studies International) and SEC (Start Easy Career). The first one proposes unpaid and paid internships in the USA.

Thank you in advance.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Experience through organizations: internships

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »