https://www.proz.com/forum/getting_established/6127-monterey_institute_of_international_studies_master%5Cs_degree_in_translation.html

Monterey Institute of International Studies - master\'s degree in translation
Thread poster: Annika Neudecker
Annika Neudecker
Annika Neudecker  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:11
English to German
Nov 5, 2002

Hi David,

you may want to check out the Monterey Institute of International Studies. They offer a master\'s degree in translation. I studied there briefly for a teaching degree, but I left because I didn\'t enjoy the program. My roommate, however, was in the translation program and had only good things to say

I don\'t know about the NYU program, though I lived in New York longer than in California...
... See more
Hi David,

you may want to check out the Monterey Institute of International Studies. They offer a master\'s degree in translation. I studied there briefly for a teaching degree, but I left because I didn\'t enjoy the program. My roommate, however, was in the translation program and had only good things to say

I don\'t know about the NYU program, though I lived in New York longer than in California...

I hope this helps. http://www.miis.edu
Collapse

Annika Neudecker
Annika Neudecker  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:11
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Wrong! Nov 5, 2002

Hello! I posted this as a reply to David Newby\'s question (New York University Certificate - below). May I ask why this was posted as a new topic?

Thanks

emynwing (X)
emynwing (X)
English to French
+ ...
MIIS Nov 10, 2002

Hi,

I graduated from MIIS last May. I don\'t have just positive things to say about it, but then, no school is perfect. If you get a bad professor like I did, you may feel like I do. Also, the school is undergoing major changes so now is not necessarily a good time to apply.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Monterey Institute of International Studies - master\'s degree in translation

Translation news

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »