Thread poster: Millan Gonzalez

Millan Gonzalez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:12
Member (2006)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 11, 2006

Hi there, I will start in the next months a translators agency, and I would like to have a vague idea of the investment I should do at the beggining, could you please help me to have an approximate idea?
-Website good-looking and with high level of appearance in google, yahoo, etc
-ISO certificate
-Other

Is there need to make any official register in some kind of agencies association? Or only the usual procedure with the Tax in the country you're based?

Thanks a lot for your help,
Millan Gonzalez

Direct link Reply with quote

Sharon Sarah Schmitz  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:12
English to German
Err... Dec 12, 2006

lite_ws wrote:

Otherwise if you want to pay a company to make it, don't spend more than 800 $ US for that.

That's about as valid a statement as saying: "If you want to pay for a translation, don't spend more than 700 euro on it."

Websites come in all shapes and sizes. Depending on the customer's requirements, they might cost a hundred bucks or a fortune. Considering this, it's just not possible to answer the original question without knowing any further details.

Magan  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:12
English to Spanish
IT Recent graduates/ students Dec 18, 2006

I know of starting professionals, who hired students and recent IT graduates (web designers). As they are starting it seems to be a good project for both sides. They will try to get you a good-looking job that will go in their portfolio as experience, however they will charge you a symbolic rate as they are starting, that could be something like 100 euros.

It is something that could be a good idea.

bluehorse
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:12
Dutch to English
DIY websites... Mar 10, 2007

It might be worth having a look here
They do web hosting, but I think you'll find a link to their other site which offers ready-to-go websites - you basically rearrange the site and put in the information you want yourself and they offer full support too.
I have my translation site hosted with them.
Hope this helps.

[Edited at 2007-03-10 20:51]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Price of a website for a translators agency

Advanced search

Translation news

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs