Mobile menu

Price of a website for a translators agency
Thread poster: Millan Gonzalez

Millan Gonzalez  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:33
German to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 11, 2006

Hi there, I will start in the next months a translators agency, and I would like to have a vague idea of the investment I should do at the beggining, could you please help me to have an approximate idea?
-Website good-looking and with high level of appearance in google, yahoo, etc
-ISO certificate

Is there need to make any official register in some kind of agencies association? Or only the usual procedure with the Tax in the country you're based?

Thanks a lot for your help,
Millan Gonzalez

Direct link Reply with quote

Sharon Sarah Schmitz  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:33
English to German
Err... Dec 12, 2006

lite_ws wrote:

Otherwise if you want to pay a company to make it, don't spend more than 800 $ US for that.

That's about as valid a statement as saying: "If you want to pay for a translation, don't spend more than 700 euro on it."

Websites come in all shapes and sizes. Depending on the customer's requirements, they might cost a hundred bucks or a fortune. Considering this, it's just not possible to answer the original question without knowing any further details.

Magan  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:33
English to Spanish
IT Recent graduates/ students Dec 18, 2006

I know of starting professionals, who hired students and recent IT graduates (web designers). As they are starting it seems to be a good project for both sides. They will try to get you a good-looking job that will go in their portfolio as experience, however they will charge you a symbolic rate as they are starting, that could be something like 100 euros.

It is something that could be a good idea.

United Kingdom
Local time: 16:33
Dutch to English
DIY websites... Mar 10, 2007

It might be worth having a look here
They do web hosting, but I think you'll find a link to their other site which offers ready-to-go websites - you basically rearrange the site and put in the information you want yourself and they offer full support too.
I have my translation site hosted with them.
Hope this helps.

[Edited at 2007-03-10 20:51]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Price of a website for a translators agency

Advanced search

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs