'Translators Common employment exchange' - are there any?
Thread poster: satish krishna itikela
satish krishna itikela
satish krishna itikela  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 01:29
Member (2011)
English to Telugu
+ ...
Dec 21, 2006

Hi Every one.

Just now i got a doubt about one thing, i.e as there are general employment exchanges at our places where people get in to register themselves to get jobs which are established by the local governments. This is the traditional procedure which is being followed by years and years.

Like wise are there any particular employment exchanges all over the world for the translators to get registered themselves to get translation works instead of regi
... See more
Hi Every one.

Just now i got a doubt about one thing, i.e as there are general employment exchanges at our places where people get in to register themselves to get jobs which are established by the local governments. This is the traditional procedure which is being followed by years and years.

Like wise are there any particular employment exchanges all over the world for the translators to get registered themselves to get translation works instead of registering themselves in each and every website all over the world . This will be the easier way for a person who is newely getting into this profession and better for the professionals who are already in this field.

I posted this topic with an intesion to benifit the newcomers who are going to get them establish themselves in this industry as a professional. So to fulfill this intension i request all the professionals in our industry each and every by name to participate in this discussion and give thier valuable views and opinions to uplift the industry needs and if possible to rectify the problems in our industry.

Looking for the opinions.

With Best Regards,
Satish.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-12-21 10:19]
Collapse

rentao zhao
rentao zhao
Local time: 03:59
English to Chinese
+ ...
Good Idea Dec 21, 2006

This's a good suggestion, but an very influential platform in the world is surely needed in order to help put the suggestion into practice.

abufaraz
abufaraz
Pakistan
Local time: 00:59
English to Urdu
+ ...
There is no Employment Exchange at present Dec 22, 2006

I think there is hardly any Employment Exchange existing at present throughout the world, other than the traditional translation agencies who vary in their size, efficienecy and helping the translator community by giving them jobs.

But a forum with these facilities CAN be established and it will, no doubt, be a great support to the translators.

Regards,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

'Translators Common employment exchange' - are there any?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »