Mobile menu

signing agreement
Thread poster: Larmes
Local time: 18:07
English to Chinese
Jan 26, 2007

When an agency contacts me, I negotiate with them about rate and delivery date. Their payment is really not attractive (pay seasonly). I am thinking to send an agreement, trying to secure payment. Here is the problem. Agencies usually are not in my country and it is not possible to send hard copies for signature. How do you arrange this?

The other thing I think may be a problem is that: can you very often be able to have agencies sign agreement in real life(I found it on US assotiation) ? And how many words is the maximum limit you don't ask for an agreement? As for me, it may be 5000 words. But is it realistic? Or should I tolerate more (to be more cooperative) ?

[Edited at 2007-01-26 10:16]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

signing agreement

Advanced search

Translation news

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs