Thread poster: Andrea Appel

Andrea Appel
Canada
Local time: 20:37
English to German
+ ...
Mar 31, 2007

Hello dear colleagues,

I would like to help a young lady who is currently enrolled in a four year University program as a Translator. In order to complete her translation studies she would need to take part in a internship as a translator, revisor, or proofreader in a bilingual English/French office environment in Ottawa. ) The duration of the practicum is 25 working days (full-time) or 185 hours (part-time).
Thank you.

Direct link Reply with quote

Nicholas Ferreira  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
+ ...
Best option: job search site Mar 31, 2007

I know that on the Government of Canada website, people are constantly posting bilingual jobs in the capital region. It may work if she does a search on their website: http://www.jobbank.gc.ca, using the keyword "translator" or "bilingual."

She could try the same on Monster.ca and other related sites.

I hope this helps.

By the way, is there such a thing as a 4-year university course in translation in Canada? Where?

xxxPRen  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Contact the Translation Bureau Mar 31, 2007

at http://www.translationbureau.gc.ca/pwgsc_internet/fr/accueil_home_e.htm

They may have an internship available. Is she in the National Capital Region (or Montreal)?

Juliana Starkman  Identity Verified
Israel
Spanish to English
+ ...
U of O Apr 1, 2007

Nicholas, I used to teach in Langues Modernes at the University of Ottawa, and I am almost certain there was a B.A in translation there...I know some of my students were in translation, but it may have been an M.A...

Andrea Appel
Canada
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great sites, Apr 2, 2007

Super, I will forward this information. The young lady is actually taking a 4 year BA program in Translation Studies at the University of Ottawa.

I appreciate all your answers.

Thank you kindly!

HAPPY EASTER (-;

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for internship in Ottawa

Advanced search

Translation news

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs