I took the ATA accreditation exam. 8 months later, I have received no result.
Thread poster: MIGUEL JIMENEZ
MIGUEL JIMENEZ
MIGUEL JIMENEZ  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:14
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 19, 2002

Hi everyone,

I have a Master\'s in translation, and after thinking about it, I decided to take the Accreditation exam... 8 months later, I have not heard from them (only to pay the 130 buck exam fee)... I have consistently left messages in voicemails at ATA Headquarters but nobody seems to reply... what kind of association is this? I was really excited when I joined, but now my interest in getting involve is fading.. Has anybody had similar problems with ATA? Any members tha
... See more
Hi everyone,

I have a Master\'s in translation, and after thinking about it, I decided to take the Accreditation exam... 8 months later, I have not heard from them (only to pay the 130 buck exam fee)... I have consistently left messages in voicemails at ATA Headquarters but nobody seems to reply... what kind of association is this? I was really excited when I joined, but now my interest in getting involve is fading.. Has anybody had similar problems with ATA? Any members that could help me with that?

Regards,

Collapse

Werner George Patels (X)
Werner George Patels (X)
German to English
+ ...
ATA results - late Dec 19, 2002

ATA results are often late, but 8 months is extreme.

It may be that, sadly, you did not pass and they \"merely\" neglected to inform you. In my experience, if you had passed, you would have heard from them by now.

Another possibility is that something went wrong with your exam papers (e.g., if you did not number all the pages, or you did not enter your candidate ID no. on each page, they will usually refuse to mark your paper).

Cal
... See more
ATA results are often late, but 8 months is extreme.

It may be that, sadly, you did not pass and they \"merely\" neglected to inform you. In my experience, if you had passed, you would have heard from them by now.

Another possibility is that something went wrong with your exam papers (e.g., if you did not number all the pages, or you did not enter your candidate ID no. on each page, they will usually refuse to mark your paper).

Call them and try to find out what happened to your paper. Maggie is usually very nice and helpful.

FOLLOW-UP:

Sorry, I may have misunderstood your original query. You did not take the exam yet, correct? Well, if that\'s the case, I am afraid, they may not have an exam site near you, which is why they have not contacted you in all this time. Still, give Maggie a call; perhaps she can help you out.

Quote:

On 2002-12-19 18:34, MIGUELNC wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have a Master\'s in translation, and after thinking about it, I decided to take the Accreditation exam... 8 months later, I have not heard from them (only to pay the 130 buck exam fee)... I have consistently left messages in voicemails at ATA Headquarters but nobody seems to reply... what kind of association is this? I was really excited when I joined, but now my interest in getting involve is fading.. Has anybody had similar problems with ATA? Any members that could help me with that?

Regards,

[ This Message was edited by:on2002-12-19 20:54] ▲ Collapse

Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 11:14
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
My experience with ATA is better Dec 19, 2002

When I took the exam last year, it took them 4 to 5 months to inform me. If you feel you are neglected, check the ATA website (www.atanet.org) for procedures on how to get updates on exam results. There is a list of people to contact in specific cases.

So far, whenever I contacted them directly (by email), I have always received responses within 12 hours.

Paul Roige (X)
Paul Roige (X)
Spain
Local time: 11:14
English to Spanish
+ ...
Contacto directo Dec 20, 2002

...es como funciona la cosa. No te fíes de los e-mails (creo que la mayoría o no se leen o se olvidan/autodestruyen en 5 segundos). Llámales por teléfono, aunque caro, es lo mejor. A mí me funcionó con los de NAATI...aunque no fueron 8 meses.

Un saludo

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I took the ATA accreditation exam. 8 months later, I have received no result.

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »