Thread poster: Atena Hensch

Atena Hensch  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 21:02
English to Farsi (Persian)
+ ...
Sep 12, 2007

Hi
I am an English Farsi Translator / Interpreter. I never considered translation as a main job but now I don't have my other job any more. I may consider translation as a main job now. I was wondering how you promote your work? Shall I bombard so many translation companies with my CV? Or should I make a website? Should I become a Proz member? or so on? What do you suggest?

thank you so much
Atena

Direct link Reply with quote

Stefanie Sendelbach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:02
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Read up on the forums Sep 12, 2007

Hi Atena,

I suggest you browse through the forums here on Proz.com. Especially the threads in "Getting Established" might be interesting for you. Here is a list of the topics discussed: http://www.proz.com/forum/15.

Good luck with going freelance!!

All the best,
Stefanie

Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:02
German to English
+ ...
Don't bombard Sep 14, 2007

I wouldn't send out blanket mailings to many agencies. I would do a lot of Internet research and seek out companies specializing in Farsi and your subject areas to focus on. The chances of success are much greater that way and more specialized agencies/companies are also likely to pay more.

judy Chen
Local time: 17:02
English to Chinese
Daina's advice is useful Sep 19, 2007

hi,Daina ,
I agree with ur idea,to focus on a special field will be useful and effective.
'cause there r many agencies,many of them pay little,it's beeter to approach thoese with better pays.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

promoting translation business

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs