Thread poster: Xtina77
Xtina77
Xtina77
Local time: 03:14
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 7, 2007

Dear Translators at ProZ,

I am almost finished with my double major in English Language and Literature, and Spanish. I studied English all of my academic life. I had lived in Latin America for 16 years. I was born there. Now I am 30. Currently I have Korean citizenship and wish to become an Spanish to English Translator and Interpreter. I have searched the internet for postgraduate classes in Sydney, Australia, and also in New Zealand. I am not sure if I should go for a certificate
... See more
Dear Translators at ProZ,

I am almost finished with my double major in English Language and Literature, and Spanish. I studied English all of my academic life. I had lived in Latin America for 16 years. I was born there. Now I am 30. Currently I have Korean citizenship and wish to become an Spanish to English Translator and Interpreter. I have searched the internet for postgraduate classes in Sydney, Australia, and also in New Zealand. I am not sure if I should go for a certificate course (0.5 years), a diploma course (1 yr.), or a degree course (1-1.5 yrs.). I would like to work both freelance and in-house, or whichever there is a market for in Korea or Australia. I do not have any experience translating, but I have done proof reading of documents in both construction and business fields. Could anyone give me some pointers?

[Edited at 2007-10-07 16:28]

[Edited at 2007-10-07 16:29]

[Edited at 2007-10-08 06:47]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Which way to start?

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »