can somebody send me a trados , source english file?
Thread poster: Maria Forsyth
Maria Forsyth
English to Spanish
Mar 9, 2003

I am trying to lean to use Trados, I am actually trying to evaluate if I should go with it. It would be helpful if somebody can send me a sample file (like an agency would send for a job). I don\'t know if this is possible since most content is copyrighted, but if anybody has a sample or know where I can download one, please let me know, thanks a lot.

mtreynap@yahoo.com

Direct link Reply with quote

Marijke Singer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:02
Dutch to English
+ ...
You can use any Word document Mar 9, 2003

Your best bet is to use an old original Word file and copy and paste your previous translation into the segment for the translation after you open a segment. This way you can see how it works. It is best if you View All (Tools -> Options -> View -> All in Word). This will ensure you do not delete things you shouldn\'t (like codes).

Good luck!

Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 10:02
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Word, PowerPoint, HTML document and so on Mar 9, 2003

María

Have you downloaded an evaluation software? If so, you can use that tool to open a Word or a HTML file. A translation agency will send you a Word file (or a web page). The only thing you have to do it is to open the Workbench (or TagEditor), and start translating it.

There are some other CAT tools, such Transite Satellite PE, that are sent by the client previously formated but this is not the case of Trados.

Regards,

Clarisa Moraña

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

can somebody send me a trados , source english file?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs